Colony Credit Real Estate, Inc. is one of the largest publicly traded commercial real estate credit REITs worldwide.
Our portfolio is comprised of a diverse set of commercial real estate assets across the capital structure, including senior mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, debt securities, net leased properties and other real estate equity investments. All of our investments are underwritten and asset managed by Colony Capital, Inc.
We believe the scale of our portfolio provides a competitive advantage by providing significant portfolio diversification, economies of scale and exposure to proprietary transactions.
Senior Mortgage Loans139%
Other Owned Real Estate17%
Net Lease Real Estate15%
CRE Debt Securities37%
Private Equity Interests5%
Portfolio information as of June 30, 2018 based on carrying value at our share excluding CRE debt securities and real estate private equity interests, except, in the case of “Investment Type” chart, which includes CRE debt securities and real estate private equity interests. Metrics shown were not prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
(1) Senior mortgage loans include junior participations in our originated senior mortgage loans for which we have syndicated the senior participations to other investors and retained the junior participations for our portfolio and contiguous mezzanine loans where we own both the senior and junior loan positions. We believe these investments are more similar to the senior mortgage loans we originate than other loan types given their credit quality and risk profile.
(2) Mezzanine loans include other subordinated loans.
(3) CRE debt securities includes both investment grade and non-investment grade CMBS bonds and our net equity position in consolidated securitization trusts that the Company owns a controlling class of securities.
(4) Preferred equity balances include related equity participation interests.
(5) Other includes (i) manufactured housing communities and (ii) commercial and residential development and predevelopment assets.
(6) The loan portfolio includes senior mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments.
(7) Various includes one non-U.S. collateral asset.